ASIFA-Hollywood and the Animation Educators Forum (AEF) are proud to announce the 2017 Student Scholarship Program. Applications are currently being accepted for academic year 2017-2018 and are available online at: http://scholarships.animationeducatorsforum.org/ through June 20. Scholarship recipients will be announced after July 15th.
Proposals will be accepted for undergraduate students entering their sophomore year and above, and for graduate students working toward the completion of a thesis. Awards range from $2500 to $5000 and may be applied to tuition, books and supplies, animation equipment including computer hardware or software, formal academic research and senior or graduate thesis production. Additionally, all scholarship award winners will receive a one-year Associate Membership to ASIFA-Hollywood.
The AEF Scholarships are merit-based awards designed to support college students in continuing their education in the field of animation. “The scholarship judges are looking for students who are passionate about animation and willing to work hard to reach a professional standard,” says Dori Littell-Herrick for AEF. “That is why our AEF scholarship is focused towards students who have completed a year of college and are committed to the study of animation.”
Application materials will include:
• A short introductory biography of the student (maximum of 1 page);
• A proposal for the scholarship, describing how the student will use it and how that will benefit the student’s goals in animation (maximum of two pages);
• An itemized budget outlining how the scholarship funds will be utilized;
• A formal abstract for an academic paper, reel of work (maximum of two minutes with contributions indicated if part of a multi-person production) and/or still artwork (maximum of 10 digital images);
• Two letters of recommendation – one from a faculty member/advisor who knows the student well and one from a member of any ASIFA chapter OR an individual with professional animation experience that can be verified.
Applications from international students are welcome!
The online application process will begin April 23 and close on June 20, 2017, with the AEF Scholarship Committee announcing the winners in July. Additional details of the program are available on both the ASIFA-Hollywood and AEF websites: www.asifa-hollywood.org www.animationeducatorsforum.org. For further questions or concerns, please email Dori Littell-Herrick at Dori.Littell-Herrick-at-woodbury.edu.
Latest posts by Jerry Beck (see all)
- NEW TRAILER: Pixar’s “Cars 3” - April 26, 2017
- TEASER POSTER: Wes Anderson’s “Isle Of Dogs” - April 25, 2017
- ASIFA-Hollywood and the Animation Educators Forum Announce the 2017 Student Scholarship Program - April 19, 2017